Either way, I do have a few things I want to share with you all. A combination of things I haven't told you all yet to things I plan on doing in the future.
- We do have another person working diligently on Cxbx in his spare time. Even though he's just getting started, he's learning rather quickly and slowly but surely beginning to make progress. As details surface, I'll share them with you.
- I'm adding another game to the list, Alter Echo (XDK 5233). I can't really tell what it's trying to do (8-bit textures are not fully supported yet). It's only classified as Intros at this point, but it's still progress.
- Patrick got me a copy of the Flair SDK. This will greatly speed up Cxbx progress very much!
- I finally figured out why Panzer and Robotech: Battlecry keep giving us crazy 3D graphics. The problem is that these games are using quads to render 3D geometry. I can understand why Panzer does this since it was once a Sega Saturn game (which used 3D quads for rendering) so that would make things easier for the developers to use the Xbox's ability to render 3D quads. While standard PC Direct3D does not support this, OpenGL does [natively]. Another reason why I'm porting to OpenGL.
- Speaking of OpenGL, I'm going to start the port really soon. The next release will likely not use OpenGL, but after the next release, releases should be much more frequent.
So for now, I'm going to take a small break. Rest assured, I do have more plans!